Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thursday, May 13th, Happy Birthday, Candice

I have to work tonight, so in trying to make Candice's birthday special, I surprised her by taking her to a tea room in Antioch. I had never been there before, but had seen advertisements for it and since she is such a tea connoisseur, I thought it was the perfect place for a mom-daughter birthday lunch.
There have to be about 100 different teas on the menu and we ordered a pot. They bring it to your table with an electronic timer so you can drink it when it has properly steeped. This pot reminded me so much of the tea pot that my mom and I used while I was growing up. We had many a shared pot of Constant Comment with dinner. At that time, that was the only "special" tea other than black pekoe. Candice had the Quiche of the day with a side salad and declared it delicious....just another reason why we will never bring Chuck here.
I had the crab salad sandwich with soup. It was wonderful. I just loved the eclectic china and cups that they use. The silverware didn't match either. After lunch, I took her to a cupcake shop around the corner for dessert.
I love this girl, she has grown into such a delightful woman and we always have a ton to talk about. Also, I am extremely proud of what she has accomplished.

2 comments:

The Howell Blessings said...

I have not one,but two tea shops here in Medina..you and the girls should come this way..we;ll check them both out!!

Bigelow Tea said...

We were so happy to read your post about your special day with your daughter ... and also your memories of sharing a pot of Bigelow's Constant Comment with your mother. Tea really does make for special moments. : )
-Deb for Bigelow Tea