Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another project off of the to do list

Yesterday, Chuck and I went back to the pain doctor, and he got another epidural. As of last night, the pain was almost completely gone. He is going to take it easy for the rest of the week and see what Monday brings. I am hoping and praying that he will be out of this misery.

I finished another project yesterday. Hours in doctor's offices affords me time to do hand work and my hand work bag is always full.It's another item from the Jo Morton club that I am in. I am still two projects behind, but really enjoy doing them. This one is called "pick up sticks" and you put your strips in a bag and just pull them out and sew together randomly. I also hand quilted it, which I just love but suffer some consequences.

Without clicking on the picture and making it larger, you probably can't tell that my "receiving" fingers are calloused and scarred. That is because I pierce them when pushing the needle through to the back side of the quilt. As many quilters as there are, there seems to be that many ways to do hand quilting. A sample: no hoop, hoop, fabric taught on hoop, fabric loose on hoop, thimble, no thimble. rocking the needle, rocking the fabric, never need to prick your finger, must prick your finger....I guess the long and short of it is that I have to do what works for me, and right now, suffering for the sake of a finished project is what works!!! Usually, after I finish a hand quilting project, I need to take a break from it to heal, but I have another one that is almost finished that I am obsessed to see to the bitter end....

No comments: